SUNDAY MORNING CHILDREN & YOUTH
Our desire is to express God’s love to our children and youth of all ages, helping them walk a closer relationship with Him. We believe that our children can learn to understand and live out Kingdom values in their daily lives. Jesus clearly affirmed this reality as recorded in Luke 18. “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I assure you, anyone who doesn’t have their kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God.”
We love children! The following is provided on Sunday mornings at the Vineyard:
- Nursery (birth – 2 years): During the worship service, this room is provided for your children at the back of the sanctuary. Parents can still watch the service on a TV screen in the nursery, and return to the sanctuary as needed.
- Preschool Class (ages 3 – 6): Children ages 3-6 are signed in prior to service and remain in their class until parents pick them up after the worship service. The children will learn Bible stories, fun songs, and do crafts together!
- Children’s Programming (age 7 – 4th grade): Children age 7 through fourth grade go to these downstairs classes, with very qualified teachers. They will begin with their parents in the sanctuary and then head downstairs during the announcement time, immediately following the singing portion of our service. This time includes a large group teaching, small group breakout to affirm and discuss the lesson, an activity and time for prayer.
- Tweens Class (5th – 7th grade): Our Tweens class that meets the first three Sundays of the month, in the Lower Level/Multi-Purpose Room. The teachers love middle schoolers! We desire that they learn the great Bible stories and grow in a close relationship with the Lord! Tweens will begin in the church sanctuary and head downstairs after the worship and singing time. (Keep in mind we also have Tuesday Evening Family Night. See details below.)
- High School Class (8th – 12th grade): At this point, our high schoolers meet in the sanctuary, and we’re encouraging them to get involved in the life of the church, even serving in some capacity once a month. class meets in the youth room during the 1st and 3rd Sundays of every month (basically every other Sunday). We also encourage getting involved in the big picture of church life. We currently have youth that play instruments on the worship team, help with media ministry, help with the younger children’s classes, etc. (We also have the Tuesday evening Vineyard Youth Group for them to participate in. See details below.)
For more information, contact:
Brittney Planck, Children’s Ministry (Children/Middle School): firstname.lastname@example.org
Anita Hostetler, Youth Leader (Middle School/High School youth): email@example.com
VINEYARD YOUTH GROUP
The youth (7th – 12th grade) are not just the church of tomorrow, they are the church of today! With that in mind, we are equipping the youth group participants to be powerful forces for God. Our mission? To establish living relationships with Christ, each other, and the church! We have some serious fun in youth group, but we are also doing some serious learning through participation and leadership. Join us as we meet the first three Tuesday evenings of every month. We meet in the church basement from 7:00 – 8:30 PM.
In addition to our gatherings on Tuesdays, we also have periodic activities, social events, mission trips, and weekend retreats! We welcome you to participate in what God is doing among our youth!
Anita Hostetler, Youth Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org