The Children’s Ministry of Vineyard Marysville
Our desire is to express God’s love to our children and youth of all ages, helping them walk a closer relationship with Him. We believe that our children can learn to understand and live out Kingdom values in their daily lives. Jesus clearly affirmed this reality as recorded in Luke 18. “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I assure you, anyone who doesn’t have their kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God.”
We love children! Children’s classes are available during our Sunday morning worship service on the first three Sundays of the month:
- Nursery (birth – 2 years): During the worship service, this unstaffed room is provided for your children at the back of the sanctuary. Parents can still watch the service on a TV screen in the nursery, and return to the sanctuary as needed.
- Preschool Class (ages 3 – 6): Children ages 3-6 are signed in prior to service and remain in their class until parents pick them up after the worship service. The children will learn Bible stories, fun songs, and do crafts together!
- Children’s Programming (age 7 – 4th grade): Children age 7 through fourth grade go to these downstairs classes, with very qualified teachers. They will begin with their parents in the sanctuary and then head downstairs during the announcement time, immediately following the singing portion of our service. This time includes a large group teaching, small group breakout to affirm and discuss the lesson, an activity and time for prayer.
- Tweens Class (5th – 7th grade): Our Tweens class that meets the first three Sundays of the month, in the Lower Level/Multi-Purpose Room. The teachers love middle schoolers! We desire that they learn the great Bible stories and grow in a close relationship with the Lord! Tweens will begin in the church sanctuary and head downstairs after the worship and singing time. (Keep in mind we also have Tuesday Evening Family Night. See details below.)
- High School Class (8th – 12th grade): At this point, our high schoolers meet in the sanctuary, and we’re encouraging them to get involved in the life of the church, even serving in some capacity once a month. Class meets in the youth room during the 1st and 3rd Sundays of every month (basically every other Sunday). We also encourage getting involved in the big picture of church life. We currently have youth that play instruments on the worship team, help with media ministry, help with the younger children’s classes, etc. The Youth Group also meets the 2nd and 4th Sunday nights of the month from 5:30 – 7:00 PM with periodic fun events scheduled throughout the year.
For more information, contact:
Sue Lee, Children’s Ministry (Children/Middle School): email@example.com
Harla Lawson, Youth Leader (Middle School/High School youth): firstname.lastname@example.org
The Youth Ministry of Vineyard Marysville
- Youth Group (9th-12th): Youth Group meets the 2nd and 4th Sunday nights of each month from 5:30 – 7:00 PM. Along with the regularly scheduled group nights special events will be offered throughout the year including opportunities for community service, concerts, outdoor activities, etc. The younger Middle School youth will often be invited to participate in these extra activities. Watch for announcements!
For more information, contact:
Harla Lawson, Youth Leader (Middle School/High School): email@example.com