CHURCH ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR OUR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Church Administrative Assistant reports to the Lead Pastor and serves other staff members and Elder Team members as needed. This person is responsible for the administrative functions of the church and coordinates the general operations of the building. This is a paid position consisting of 16 hours per week. It is an “at will” employment position. The responsibilities consist of the following:
- Assist all walk-ins and answer and screen all incoming calls, routing them appropriately.
- Manage to all types of correspondence in a timely fashion, including correspondence via email and church social media platforms.
- Create, maintain, and organize all office files in a standardized method
- Meet with Lead Pastor to review week’s work schedule & needs.
- Manage the church’s calendar, inputting all religious holidays, pastor’s requests, supporting ministry leaders, and events at the church facilities.
- Maintain the information on the church website and update church’s weekly sermons, bulletins, and events. Ensure all details are accurate and up to date.
- Touch base with our Congregational Care Coordinator about church members who need sympathy, get well and encouragement cards.
- Update visitor information into the Planning Center database.
- Be proactive in sending out notices and reminders about important services and events from our church calendar.
- Record and document minutes for leadership & elder meetings
- Manage office supplies, track inventory, and make purchases as needed within approved budgeted guidelines.
- Ensure the church is in working order and presentable by coordinating repairs and maintenance on the church as needed and approved.
- Maintain confidentiality on all church information
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be committed to the church’s mission and values.
- Must be able to work independently, in team environments, while sticking to weekly deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter with an innovative approach to administration and a keen eye for detail, order, and organization.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be cognizant of working with sensitive and personal data.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize duties independently and assist church members when members of the pastoral staff are unavailable.
- Must be knowledgeable with a variety of technology, able to maintain the website, and work with general data processing duties.
- Must be courteous and tactful.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree recommended.
- At least two years clerical or administrative experience.
- Preferred member of the church, including small group participation (Home Group or SKG), a willingness to faithfully serve, and a history of generosity and tithing.
Work hours: Monday – Thursday (9:00 AM – 1:00 PM). Time is spent in a church office, divided between administrative duties, attending to the needs of our people, and occasional evening meetings.
HOW TO APPLY?
VINEYARD MARYSVILLE CHURCH ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB APPLICATION
Please send your current resume with the information and completed questions below to email@example.com. All resumes should provide at least 2 references.
Church you attend (name and location):
Answer these questions:
1) Please describe your interest in this position:
2) What skills/spiritual gifts do you possess that would make you a good fit for this position?
3) How would you rate your technology competency? What programs/platforms have you worked with?
4) What is your current availability?
5) What do you consider the most important qualities for a church staff member to have?